Monday, September 22, 2014

September Tea

Welcome tea friends to Tea Time this week!







September certainly brought in fall weather with lots of rain, but we continue to have beautiful mild weather perfect for a autumn tea in the garden.









I can always count on my perennial sunflowers (Heliopsis) to put on a good September show.  If you pick them while they are still fresh they dry so nicely.







I thought my yellow rose unmarked dishes would make a pretty table with the fall flowers.






Would you like a piece of cake?  Ever since I first saw these little decorated cakes I wanted one for me!  When I saw this yellow frosted cake I knew it would be perfect to share with you for this autumn tea!


  








My TJ Maxx teapot is filled with Bigelow Cozy Chamomile tea, waiting for you!






Thank you so much for stopping by and including me in your tea time!


I will be joining the following parties:  Tea Time Tuesday, Tea In The Garden, A Return to Loveliness, Tuesday Cuppa Tea, and Teacup Tuesday.


15 comments:

Sylvia said...

Yes please, I'll take a piece of that pretty cake. It is decorated so nicely. Love your tea cup and tea pot. Happy first day of fall!

Maria Andrade said...

Hello Nancy
How I missed joining these lovely tea parties!
Autumn started rather autumny here in Portugal, although temperatures are still like in summer.
Your outdoors tea has a beautiful setting , beautiful china and the cake looks delicious!
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs

Antiques And Teacups said...

Lovely that you can still have a tea outside. We had torrential rain this morning! It pounded on the sunroom roof. Love your birdie! So cute and the crocheted tablecloth. The cake is perfect!
Ruth

Millie said...

I really like the entire tea setting and surroundings, but the tablecloth won my heart!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

How pretty a setting, Nancy! That little cake is as pretty as it is yummy I would imagine and I would love a piece with a cup of your Bigelow tea. Lovely tablecloth too. My hubby came into the office while I was reading your post and thought your garden was beautiful! Thank you for joining me for Tea Time and Happy Autumn, my friend!

Blessings,
Sandi

Snap said...

T.J. Maxx is a wonderful place! I'm sure to find a treasure or two. The teapot is lovely as are your dishes with the yellow roses ... a nice setting for fall. The cake is too cute to cut!!! Happy Tea Day!

Beth said...

Hi Nancy, Your garden is still looking pretty! Love your yellow rose china too. Happy Tea Day, Nancy!

Gentle Joy said...

What a pretty tea party in the garden! So many yellows. :)

Housebythewaterhole said...

Very nice cup and saucer...never seen before,
and the cake looks delicious ...
have a very nice week
greetings Kathy

Zaa said...

Hey Nancy ... Such a lovely setting for teatime... I love the warm tones of your china against the crispness of the table setting... It looks so very inviting, especially with that yummy little cake ( Ha Ha)..Yes I'd love to have tea with you...Thank You for sharing ...hugs

MomWaldsPlace said...

Traditionally I do a an annual Golden September tea or vignette blog post. this year our weather has the seasons a bit messed up, and we do not have our golden September. I miss it. Thank YOU for having one. Your wee little cake is delightful, and I have a soft spot for yellow roses. How lovely!

relevanttealeaf said...

Your fall garden flowers are beautiful, and a perfect setting for an outdoor tea party. I love your teapot, snack sets, cake, and bird that came for tea!

Beth in NEPA said...

What a perfect tea with all the flowers, the adorable little cake and the pretty teacup.

Tea in the Library said...

What a glorious spot and the tea cup is perfect. Love the little yellow bird.

Bernideen said...

What a glorious garden and backdrop for this lovely tea time!