Monday, July 21, 2014

Tea In The Rustic Gazabo

Hi everyone, I hope your week goes well!  It has been so beautiful at home this past weekend!  For tea time this week I thought I would share  a simple tea I enjoyed in our rustic gazebo.  My hubby and I made the gazebo from dead wood on our property.  The vines covering it are bittersweet and hops.  The flowers in front of the gazebo are yellow loosestrife.










Last week we visited Mackinac Island so I thought of using my special teacup from the Grand Hotel.  I did a post back in March of this year if you would like to read about it.






Willow, my Cicely Mary Barker flower fairy is really persistent with the tea!  She likes the white unmarked teapot!










The bench is covered in comfy pillows to relax and enjoy the summer day.  I found it abandoned along an old railroad bed and brought it home.










I thought I would share a few pictures of our trip to Mackinac Island.  Here's me starting out on our bike ride around the island.






Such beautiful homes on the island!






Ferry ride to and from Mackinac Island.  We were treated to a ride under the Mackinac bridge connecting the lower and upper peninsula of Michigan.






Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and visit me!

I will be joining the following parties this week:  Tea Time Tuesday,  Tea In The Garden, Tuesday Cuppa Tea, and Teacup Tuesday.







12 comments:

Antiques And Teacups said...

That's somewhere I have always wanted to visit! I can't believe the bench was abandoned! Amazing! Love your tray, pillows, teacup, well everything!
Ruth

Bernideen said...

I have Tea In The Garden up dearly so come link this WONDERFUL tea and oh how I love your gazebo. I think this is my FAVORITE so far that you have done! What a wonderful trip you had. I had a friend who passed away and she always wanted to go to the Grand Hotel and run down the hill screaming "Richard, Richard" like in Somewhere In Time. I loved your posting!

Catherine said...

This looks like an enchanted island. The homes are beautiful. The tea time looks like it is from a fairy tale.
I am sure you had a nice time.
blessings, Catherine

Sylvia said...

Love your gazebo. Thanks for sharing the lovely homes on your visit to Mackinac Island.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I love your abandoned bench that you found! Your gazebo is so pretty, too, as is your tea today. Love your pics from Mackinac Island that you've shared.

Deborah Montgomery said...

I see both you and Kitty have invited fairies to your tea! Love your gazebo, beautiful! and that bench was a great find. We love Mackinaw Island too and riding bikes around it. Aren't the homes gorgeous?

Beth said...

Hi Nancy, good to see a photo of you riding your bike - looks like you're having a great time! Thanks for sharing Mackinac as well as your tea in the rustic gazebo, which is just fabulous, by the way!

MomWaldsPlace said...

I love sturdy tea cups, and yours is absolutely lovely!

Martha's Favorites said...

Beautiful tea cup well protected by the fairy. I wonderful your yard looks. Blessings, Martha

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

The tea setting is lovely - and the fairy is just the right touch. I love the old bench too. Oh the houses - so beautiful - it was just a wonderful summer post. Thank you.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh I love the idea of your rustic gazebo! What a neat way to create that!!! I might have to copy this idea at my house! And the bench is super! I'd love to go to Mackinack Island someday also. looks so grand!
So glad you are having a wonderful time this summer. Would love to have tea with you in your gazebo! Thank you for sharing it with us. Delightful!

Carrie said...

Wow--your rustic gazebo turned out great! A wonderful spot for tea. And of course you would have a fairy visit in a place like that! The teacup is really pretty too. Thanks for sharing pictures from your trip too--it looks like you had a great time. Have a great week :)