Sunday, October 4, 2015

Brown Transferware For Fall

Hello and welcome!  Fall weather is here to stay for a while and it sure has been cool lately!  Today I am staying inside and sharing with you my collection of brown transferware.   I started collecting transferware about the time I started this blog, about four years ago!  I know so many of you collect transferware and I love seeing what you have!  We live in a log cottage and the brown colors of the transferware add a nice touch of country warmth.





Most of my brown transferware is here in my little Welch cupboard.





The top shelf holds most of my Windsor Ware by Johnson Bros.  The china dogs were given to my dear son when he was very young, by his grandmother.














The middle shelf holds more of the Windsor Ware along with more transferware.

















This teapot is named England's Heritage, made by H. Aynsley & Co.





And this teapot is named Royal Mail, by Myott.





The dishes on the buffet shelf are mostly my collection of  Olde English Countryside, by Johnson Bros.











I've had lots of fun looking for brown transferware!

Now, please choose a teacup and I'll put the kettle on!





Thank you so much for visiting and have a wonderful week!


I will be joining the following parties this week:  Tea Time Tuesday, Tea In The Garden, Teacup Tuesday, Tuesday Cuppa Tea, and Share Your Cup Thursday..

15 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I would LOVE to select a tea cup while you put the kettle on! Your brown transferware is beautiful. My mother had some of those pieces, but I didn't manage to get any of those from her home. Seeing your collection makes me wish that I had. But I have enough other stuff already. I can enjoy looking at yours. I also love the little china dogs. They are really sweet. Thinking of you today and praying that you are having a blessed and sweet fall day. Believe it or not it is actually kind of fallish here today in Florida. I feel like a different person when the air changes like this. So exciting! If you decide to come south again this winter please let me know! Blessings dear friend.

Bernideen said...

I am loving your whole collection! So many beautiful pieces and I love the little dogs sitting around them and the fall touches! Thanks so much for sharing your home and your heart!!!

relevanttealeaf said...

Your collection of brown transferware is lovely, and so perfectly suited to your log cottage in the northern woods. The fun of collecting is always ongoing. Thank you for sharing your finds with us!

Deborah Montgomery said...

Love that Johnson Brothers at the top. Just gorgeous and perfect for fall. I have a nice collection of red transfer ware, but I do so like the brown as well, and have a few pieces of the Olde English, too. The little dogs make a nice addition to your collection. It all looks very cozy and fall-ish.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

All of your dishes are fantastic - I have some green, some blue and lots of pink (red) transferware and love ever bit of it. I adore you Welsh cupboard and want one just like it for my transferware. Lovely post.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

I know I have told you this before, but I'll say it again. That fruit pattern is absolutely wonderful, so perfect for Autumn!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

HI Nancy,
I am in awe of your brown transferware collection. It is just perfect for your cottage and for Fall. You displayed it so charmingly on your shelves, and interspersed with your doggie figurines and pictures. I'd love to have tea with you and look at your pretty dishes.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Nancy, you have a beautiful collection of brown transferware! And it looks delightful displayed in your cabinet with the little china dogs. I'm sure your son treasured those doggies. I know my son would have. Simply charming! I would love to join you for tea and a long chat. Thank you so much for sharing with us and have a lovely week, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Margie said...

What a wonderful collection! My mom has the Friendly Village mugs and I've been keeping an eye out for the matching teacups/saucers and teapot!

quakerhillfarm said...

Oh what beautiful china! It is so restful. You have it displayed very nicely. Thanks for sharing! Lynn

xinex said...

I love brown transferware especially to use in the Fall. Yours are so pretty!...Christine

Unknown said...

I love transfer ware, and yours are gorgeous. Love the teapot especially.

The Charm of Home said...

Your brown transferware is gorgeous! I love the way you have it all displayed it is perfect to show off in fall!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Nancy, your collection is gorgeous! So perfect for fall as well. I mostly collect red transferware, but I have a small amount of brown. I found a pitcher just like one of yours last year while vacationing in Napa, CA and I love it! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Karen said...

Wow! What an amazing collection you have! So very beautiful! Karen