Monday, April 17, 2017

April Tea Time

Welcome!  I hope you had a wonderful Easter!  This morning I woke up to freshly fallen snow!  Just a little as you will be able to see in the pictures.  After a large family dinner here yesterday, all is quiet now and I enjoyed a April tea just for me.


 


Isn't that a pretty bouquet of faux forsythia and tulips?  For a vase I am using a tin with the Ladies' Home Journal label on it.  I found it while on a trip to San Diego last fall (packed with two teacups from thrift stores for the trip home)!








I bought the Aynsley Cottage Garden teapot last summer at a antique mall in Ironwood Michigan.  I would love to go back there, so many lovely things at good prices!








The teacup is also a thrift store find.  I didn't realize it was also a Aynsley until after I had my tea!








My picture book is from my Mom.  It is such a sweet children's book titled Around the Year, by Elsa Beskow.








I love my sweets, but usually give my home baked goodies to the grands!  Today I just opened a package of Iced Lemon Shortbread cookies from Family Dollar. They are very good and lemony!








Well I should find something to do, but after a busy Sunday I may just keep on relaxing and drink more tea!

Thank you for stopping by!

I will be joining Bernideen's Tea In The Garden party and Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea party this week.

14 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

Wonderful teapot and teacup!Love your crocheted doily too!Hugs.Maristella.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, that all looks so inviting! Love the tea pot and cup...both are absolutely beautiful and so perfect for an April tea time. I bought a new to me tea cup at the flea market on Saturday...and so far it is just sitting on my kitchen windowsill. I need to have an April tea and celebrate with you!! Would love to see the children's book up close and personal...and I love the Ladies' Home Journal tin. Beautiful picture. Enjoy your leisure today...I'm sure you earned it after having family over for Easter. I know the feeling. But today was a busy day as well. Maybe tomorrow...well, no, we are going to visit my MIL in the nursing home...maybe Wednesday? Maybe...just maybe. Thank you for sharing your tea time with us. I enjoyed it almost like being there.

Margie said...

Aynsley is one of my favourite china makers so I'm loving your gorgeous teapot and tea set! Hope your snow melts quickly!

Bernideen said...

Dear Nancy:
Seeing your springtime snow pictures reminds me of my years in Colorado as we always had a lot of snow in April and even sometimes a little at the 1st of May. I am loving your beautiful teapot! A lovely cup and saucer too! Thanks for sharing and "hand in there" as warmer days are ahead!

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a lovely setting! The Forsythias around here are just coming out too! Love the arrangement. And I love your Aynsley...recognized it immediately! Have a lovely week!
Ruth

Vee said...

You have created a charming scene. Everything comes together in the most pleasing way!

relevanttealeaf said...

An absolutely beautiful post! So springy [even if snow was on the
ground outside]. Lovely teapot and teacup too. Hope you had a wonderful
Easter. Hugs, Phyllis

Lady Linda said...

Oh what a lovely post and lovely tea. I do adore you tin with your flower arrangement. I bet you enjoyed the quiet day after the busy Easter day. I am most interested in your picture book. I love vintage books. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Donna Heber said...

Nancy, such a pretty tea table! The floral design on your teapot is stunning. I hope your snow has melted by now and spring arrives soon in Michigan. Blessings ...

Louise-Arden said...

Beautiful Teapot and teacup !!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a beautiful setting, as always, Nancy! You teapot and teacup look so pretty together and I love how they don't match, but blend.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Nancy, how beautiful! And I love the spout on that teapot. I'm all about tea!

Karen said...

Hi Nancy,
I must apologize for being so late in responding to your comment. I love your pretty setting with your gorgeous Aynsley china! I can see some blue and white pretties in that lovely china cabinet behind the table. Swoon! Blessings Sweet Nancy! Karen

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Nancy, while visiting your May tea, I couldn't resist coming back for another look at April! Thursday I'll be posting one of my very favorite teatime treats. Bet you'd like it, too.