Saturday, February 25, 2017

Winter Blue Teatime

Hello friends!  It is good to be back sharing teatime with you!  Winter is still in full force around here.  We had a few beautiful mild days recently, but today is back to the usual!  More snow and cold!





I bought a new to me teapot a few months ago, a Sadler.



Blue and white does look pretty with the snow.  So thankful I have a cozy warm home to enjoy teatime in!





The teacup and saucer is part of a set from my mom.  I was with her at Woolworths when she bought the dinner set back in the 60's.





The creamer is a unmarked thrift store find.




PG Tips in the teapot and purchased french butter cookies for a treat.


   





You can tell I am getting cabin fever!  I've been playing with my paper dolls!  I thought they would enjoy teatime in my glass terrarium!









A sweet girl playing music during teatime!










I am hoping you have spring weather soon and if you already do, wonderful!

Thank you for visiting me!

I will be joining Bernideens Friends Sharing Tea and Ruths Tuesday Cuppa Tea this week.

14 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh it is so good to see you back again! I've been missing your lovely tea times...and this one is just perfect. I especially love the paper dolls in the terrarium...that is so wonderful! What a lovely idea! Makes me want to play with paper dolls again. I have one...but not so gorgeous as yours! The blue and white tea set and dishes is perfect. Thank you for bringing a smile to my lips today! You must let me know if you are back in FL anytime!!!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

OH my - what a perfect winter tea time - the blue and white are perfect with your lovely scene out the window, and the paper dolls are the sweetest ever. What a clever set up - and I bet they enjoyed their tea too. Lovely, lovely.

relevanttealeaf said...

How wonderful to see a blog post from you again, Nancy. Your glass terrarium with an elegant tea scene is charming, and you know I love your blue and white teawares! ;-)

Linda Jennings said...

Your cup of tea looks warm and inviting in blue and white with the snow in the background. I love the Sadler teapot.

The Charm of Home said...

That tea set would brighten up any day. It looks beautiful!

Margie said...

I've never met a Sadler teapot that I didn't like! I've always liked the Blue Willow pattern. I'm also loving your glass terrarium. The countdown to spring is ON!

Gentle Joy said...

I do like the blue and white china.... and the paper dolls tea party was adorable. :)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

It's so nice to see a post from you, Nancy! Your blue and white tea is just so charming and I wish I could share a cup of tea with you. Your terrariums is decorated so perfectly for a playtime tea. Hopefully springtime will arrive soon!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Nancy, it's lovely to be able to visit you for tea again! Your Blue Willow teapot is such a pretty shape. Love your terrarium! Oh so sweet! I used to make my own paper dolls when I was growing up. It was great fun and yours look so cute sitting at the tea table. Hope you have a lovely March.

Hugs & blessings,
Sandi

Bernideen said...

Dear Nancy:
What a wonderful snowy view there by the window and your teapot looks so pretty on the tray there. The terrarium is so darling with those paperdolls. I have never seen anything like that - so cute. Thanks for sharing all your treasures - hopefully spring is on the horizon.

BarberryLane Designs said...

I love the miniature tea house, and I'm a total fiend when it comes to blue and white. I want it all. Very lovely post, thank you, Sandi

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Nancy, you're right, the blue and white china does go so well the UP snow! Lovely spout on that new teapot; bet it's not dribbly. Your photos look so inviting.

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful blue and white tea set,lovely ,amazing post!Thanks for sharing!Hugs,Maristella.

janice15 said...

A lovey cozy post.. I love your new teapot very nice. I think its grand you remember going to Woolworth to purchase the teacup set with your mom... perfect memories for a tea snowy day.. love your paper dolls... I loved paper dolls as a young girl. Hapoy weekend with love Janice