Friday, August 5, 2016

A Summer Tea Party

What a beautiful day we had!  A lovely time to enjoy tea with friends!








It is a sunny day so I brought out the umbrella to add some shade.








I found these cute dishes for only 25 cents each!  I thought they would add a little fun for my lady friends!








I used my teapot from Homegoods. It goes well with so many of my teacups.





I get a lot of contentment from my flower gardens.











An easy menu for a impromptu tea:  chicken salad sandwiches,  cucumber sandwiches, cream scones, and brownies with whipped cream.  Fresh strawberries and grapes, too!

Thank you for stopping by this week!  I hope you are enjoying the last month of summer!

I will be joining Bernideen for her lovely Tea In The Garden party.


13 comments:

Margie said...

Your garden tea parties are always delightful! The cute shoe plates made me smile.

Bernideen said...

Dear Janet:
What a beautiful garden to be right in the middle of there having tea. Your flowers are so lovely. What a sweet table and the umbrella looks so pretty. Thank you for sharing your tea time in this delightful setting!

Bernideen said...

Nancy:
I've done a blogger - I called you Janet - I apologize. It is late - time to go to bed! So sorry Nancy!

Bernideen said...

I meant to say "blooper" - see I am tired.

janice15 said...

Lovely as can be. I love the shoe plates there so cute. Which my garden look so lovely. Happy weekend with love Janice

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Thank you for providing some shade for us today, Nancy, in your pretty garden setting. The dishes are so cute and what a deal! The menu sounds wonderful and I would certainly love to come to your tea party.

Sylvia said...

What a lovely place for tea! Love all the flowers.Your menu sounds so good.

xinex said...

What beautiful setting! What beautiful flowers!....Christine

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love your wildflower garden...so delightful. I tried to plant one like that this year, and got a few flowers, but nothing like that. We don't have the right soil here and it is just too hot. Maybe next year I'll figure it out. Your setting is so refreshing and joyful! Loved the plates with the different high heel shoes...so perfect. You always inspire me to want to have a garden tea party...and when it cools down a bit I hope to do so. Thank you for showing me that it is okay to enjoy tea parties and have fun even at our age! You make me smile.

Donna Heber said...

What a pretty tea party! I love your classy new dishes. A wonderful find.

Heirloom treasures said...

You have such a pretty garden and how lovely your tea would have been MMMMM delish x

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

What a beautiful garden! It's been a long time since I've visited the UP. Never had tea there!

Karen said...

Hi Nancy,
Just gorgeous Tea Time amongst the wild flowers! Blessings! Karen