Thursday, May 26, 2016

May Tea Time

Welcome to my May tea in the garden!  We returned from our trip to beautiful Kentucky and found our yard in bloom with Daffodils.  What a  welcome home after a long winter!





During our trip we stopped at several antique malls and I found a few treasures!  The first was a teacup with bluebirds, and then later the tablecloth embroidered with bluebirds on the corners, and lastly a tea towel stamped with a pretty bluebird.  I never planned the bluebird theme, funny how things happen like that!





The sweet teacup is a Coalport, made in England.  The cup and saucer were taped together and I  was pleasantly surprise to find out after I bought it for only $5.00 that it was a Coalport!














I also found this pretty table runner on my trip.









I have a white farmer sink in my kitchen and this towel looks so pretty hanging over it.








A couple cups of Cambridge and Thames green tea and than I need to tidy my flower beds!








Thank you so much for visiting!  Wishing you a wonderful week!

I will be joining the following parties:  Bernideen's Tea In The Garden, No Place Like Home, Tuesday Cuppa Tea, Teacup Tuesday, and A Garden Party.

9 comments:

Bernideen said...

Dear Nancy:
It's like a dream of spring come true! How wonderful to see the garden flooded with yellow daffodils! I know you will enjoy it all! The daffodils bloomed in Missouri in April so they are gone - I shall enjoy yours now!!!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a beautiful sight, Nancy, of your yard filled with daffodils and then your pretty outdoor tea! I love your newfound treasure of a teacup, and the darling towel and table runner, too. It looks perfect with your birdie teapot. Enjoy your time in the garden, sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely blue and white cup that goes so well with your bird towel Coalport is quality and a great find for the price you paid. You have a charming tea display!

Margie said...

So pretty! What happy serendipity to find the lovely bluebird teacup, tea towel, and tablecloth during your travels.

Art and Sand said...

Your garden is wonderful and your linens are swoon worthy.

Antiques And Teacups said...

I do love Daffodils, and ours are long gone! Beautiful! I just love your teacup...especially as it's blue and white. And the tablecloth is wonderful. The perfect spring tea I think! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

xinex said...

Great finds! Everything is so beautiful including the daffodils....Christine

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, Nancy, how beautiful! I love drifts of daffodils and yours are simply dreamy! Your Coalport teacup is gorgeous and I love your birdie teapot too. You really scored with the linens. The table runner is exquisite. Actually, they all are lovely. What a delightful spot to sip on some tea. Wish I could join you, Nancy. Thank you for sharing with us and have a beautiful day, dear friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I LOVE the bluebirds on everything...so sweet! And the daffodils are outstanding! I wish we could grow them here in Florida, but that just doesn't happen here. Thank you for sharing yours with us! This was delightful. Made me smile today!!