Sunday, November 9, 2014

Collecting Brown Transfer Ware

Hello everyone!  I hope you are having a good November!  Lots of my friends out in blog land collect transfer ware and after seeing yours I fell in love with the comfy and homey feel transfer ware gives me.   I have been buying bits and pieces at thrift stores, but never a whole set of brown transfer ware at one time.  A few weeks ago we went to my grandson's hockey game about two hours north of us.  We were early  and  found  a thrift store with this beautiful set of dishes!









I decided to do a autumn tablescape at our log cottage  using this china and some of my other transfer ware pieces.  So pretty for fall!









I have a set of five plus of this pattern.  It is made my Johnson Bro's and the pattern name is Windsor Ware, made in England.  I think I was lucky to get the set for sixty dollars!












I'm going to love drinking tea from this cup!









I would love to find a teapot to match, but for now I'm using my thrift store Chantilly teapot by T. Furnival & Sons.









I also found the large soup tureen  at a thrift shop for only twenty dollars, including a couple of smaller tureens without lids with small hair line cracks.  They are marked Yosemite by T & R Boote, England.












I love the ladle!






The large pitcher is marked Noir E + Blanc, from TJ Maxx.








Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you all have a wonderful week!  We are expecting ten to twelve inches  of snow tomorrow!  I am not ready for that!





I will be joining the following lovely parties:  Tea Time Tuesday,  Friends Sharing Tea, A Return to Loveliness, Tuesday Cuppa Tea, Teacup Tuesday,  and Share Your Cup Thursday.

22 comments:

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Wow, what a gorgeous set, lucky you!! I never find anything that good around here at our thrift stores. It looks perfect for a Fall/Thanksgiving table.
Have a great week,
Gina

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So beautiful...and perfect for fall/Thanksgiving. Wow, what a deal! I hope you are having a good fall so far, although it sounds like old man winter is knocking on your door right now. Be safe and stay warm. Are you coming to Florida this year? Be sure to let me know!
Take care and God bless you my friend.

Sylvia said...

Very pretty! What a great find.

The Victorian Girl said...

Those dishes are just gorgeous!

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a gorgeous setting! I, to, love transferware I especially love your Furnivals & Boote Aesthetic patterns. Gorgeous! Perfect for the season!
Ruth

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a lucky find - I adore the new set - plus all the pieces that go with it. The teacup is so sweet. And the table is perfect for a day indoors with the snow outdoors.

Housebythewaterhole said...

Hi Nancy, beautiful beautiful !!!!! What a very beautiful
tableware you show to us !!!Magnifique and such a beautiful colors... I have only one dream and that is to
find a tableware with a the hunting decor!
So I wish you a nice week
greetings Kathy

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh Nancy, I can't believe your good fortune in finding the wonderful set of brown transferware. It is just the perfect set for Fall at your table. I would enjoy drinking from that teacup,too. All your other pieces work so well with the set and I like the mix and match of it all.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Nancy, your brown transferware is simply gorgeous! What a pretty pattern for Autumn! You hit the jackpot finding that. All your pieces go together so well. That is one of the many things I love about transferware. Thank you for sharing your lovely table setting and joining me for tea. Have a wonderful week, dear friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Oh my, that china is stunning. Such rich colors and perfect for autumn. What a great find. It is found the perfect home.

Janet

Gentle Joy said...

What a beautiful set... I love the brown color in it. Wow... so nice that you found these. :)

MomWaldsPlace said...

When you decide to collect something, you really collect it! What a lovely collection, and amazing set. Simply Delightful!

Beth said...

That is a beautiful pattern, Nancy, and your tablescape looks fantastic. You'll enjoy your new brown transferware this autumn and for years to come. :)

Bernideen said...

Nancy:
That is an amazing price! You found the bargain of the year. I have the same plates which I got in 3 different places. I paid a whole lot more than you and this pattern is really lovely isn't it! Your table looks so lovely! I love the mix and match myself.

Snap said...

Nancy, what a lovely autumn tablescape. I think your Johnson Brothers find is great. I understand that brown transferware is hard to find. I also think that Johnson Brothers is just hard to beat. They make/made so many wonderful patterns. Well done! Happy Tea Day!

Deborah Montgomery said...

Oh my, can I come for dinner? This is gorgeous!! Truly, one of the best tables capes I've seen. Both cozy and homey and elegant at the same time. Your home looks so inviting. Love everything. I have brown transfer ware, but not with the fruit in the center. And the pumpkin is beautiful.
You will have to let me know where you find all this wonderful stuff. I live in lower Michigan, and it would be worth a trip to the UP! (Maybe not in the winter though :)!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You found a nice pattern of brown transferware and the gold goblets, napkins and pumpkin in the centre look very nice with it.

Jill said...

Oh my! I love you Windsor Ware. A great find. I would not have been able to resist. It looks lovely in your cottage. I hope to make a velvet pumpkin one day.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a beautiful collection of transferware!

Your tablescape is lovely!

Deanna

Beth in NEPA said...

That tablescape is perfect for autumn. I do love transfer ware!

Kathy said...

Love your new Transferware set - it sets a beautiful tables cape! I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

What a fabulous find Nancy! I too have been finding bits of brown transferware lately. Last week I found four plates and four saucers at our thrift for only $10. Wish there would have been more pieces like yours! Your table is absolutely gorgeous and I like the mixture of styles and colors! So happy to have you share with SYC.
hugs,
Jann