Monday, April 30, 2012

Daffodil Time

Hello everyone,
We are enjoying a beautiful  but cool spring day.  The sunlight is coming in our large windows making it cozy and warm inside, but sure wish it would warm up outside!  My daffodils are blooming now.  Early for them as they usually bloom mid May.

I set the table for tea today.  I don't own a daffodil teacup, but i do have a mug and plate to share that my special friend out in California gave me a few years ago when i visited her.  They are called "Daffodil"  by Suzanne Clee.  I got the teapot at a thrift store.  It looks spring like to me with the forget- me- nots and violets.  Its marked Ellgrave, a div of Wood  & Sons, England.  My sister gave me the cute little girl votive holder for my birthday last year, and the tiny goldfinch came from my Mom.








My angel statue among the daffodils outside looks like she's cold!



I'm so happy you stopped by today.  I hope you all have a wonderful week.

I'll be joining in on these lovely parties:
Tea Time Tuesday
Tabletop Tuesday
A Return To Loveliness
Show and Tell Friday

15 comments:

allisamazing said...

Your daffodil dishes are lovely and the little yellow bird is precious. Your daffodils blooming outside are beautiful. Hope it warms up for you soon :)

The Pink Rose Cottage said...

Your daffodil garden is beautiful. Ours are almost finished here. The season is too short. But you have your gorgeous mug and plate to enjoy as well!

~Holly

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Your daffodils are pretty and I really like the flowers and colours of the china. I couldn't find any teacups with daffodils but at least have the tablecloth I'm using for tea today.
Judith

Beth said...

I love your teapot and your plate and cup - very springy. Your yard looks pretty too. Daffodils are such a cheerful flower!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What a beautiful garden and that angel is gorgeous, I love her with the pretty yellow daffodils around her! I love your lovely tea set too!
FABBY

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a gorgeous display of daffodils you have in your garden! I love them! Your china is so pretty and really sets the mood for tea. Love the little girl and the goldfinch is darling! They are my favourite little feathered friends! Yellow is such a happy colour and your whole post brings happiness our way. Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea today.

Blessings,
Sandi

Heirloom treasures said...

These are the prettiest Spring collection. Daffodils always bloom on my Birthday here in September,so they are always a favourite. I think they look gorgeous on china. xx

Sylvia said...

I enjoyed your tea, and the walk throught your garden. The angel was very welcoming and all the daffodils were waving at me.
Thanks for the tour!

Luanne said...

Daffodils are my favorite spring flower! Your tea table looked so nice.

It's cold & rainy here today, but that just means more beautiful flowers when the sun comes out!
Have a great day! Luanne

theromanticrose said...

Era da un po' che blogger non mi faceva eccedere al tuo blog!Quante cose meravigliose:tazze,teiere,fiori,folletti,tutto da fiaba!Rosetta

Zaa said...

Beautiful daffodils always brighten the day .... and your daffodil china is so very lovely ... happy >Happy>happy teatime treasures to enjoy and share.... our daffodils are just starting to spring up ...I can hardly wait ...Thanks for sharing ... Hugs

Denise @English Purple Ribbon said...

Hi! Thank-you for sharing all your beautiful daffodils in your lovely garden! Your Spring dishes are darling. Denise

Schotzy said...

What a pretty springy post... love the colors and the cheerfulness! You expressed some interest in my baked eggs so my latest post is all about my recipe for them. Hope you will come back and visit!
http://wwweaglewing.blogspot.com/2012/05/you-asked-for-it.html

Bernideen said...

What a beautiful set this is and the garden photos are lovely! Everything is coming up daffodils!

relevanttealeaf said...

I LOVE your cheerful daffodil tablescape, and it must be wonderful looking out the window to see such picturesque sights!